Friday, October 20, 2006

UNplan the day...

so I had today's plans all laid out nicely. I was going to get up, get the kids ready, drive the bus then head to the grocery store with J5 to get ingredients for a new recipe... Spanish Rice and Beef in the crock pot, it sounded SO yummy! But instead what did I do?
I got up, the kids drug their butts around getting ready, we finally got out the door 7 minutes late... no biggy, I could handle that. Then we get to the bus barn and get on the bus and find out J3 did not take his 3 prescriptions this morning... not good! I planned out how I would fix it and decided I would run home after the bus route and drive back up to the school, meet J3 out front and have him take his meds... all before school started... I could handle that. Then as I started driving I noticed J4 no longer had his gloves on his hands, when I asked him where they were J3 said they were left in the truck! Not acceptable in the cold weather we have now... so I added the gloves to my list of what to run up to the school with J3's meds... I figured J3 could run them to J4's classroom so he would have warm hands at recess.
All was well with the drive, I even was given some homemade cookies from one of my bus kids... cute little pumpkin face cookies that her and her mom made... YUM. I get the kids to school and drop them off, I head to the bus barn and get the truck and hurry home to get the meds. J1 had already gone to school but J2 was hurrying out the door to get a ride to school since she didn't get ready in time to ride the bus, I had her reach into the back seat and grab the gloves for J4 and we head back to the school. I got there in time, the kids were still outside... but then came a screeching halt to all my plans. J3 hurried to the truck and informed me that J4 had been going to his classroom when one of the school coaches swung a door open and wacked him right in the back of the head. J3 said J4 was in the office with a bloody gash in the back of his head... LOVELY... so I had J2 and J3 stay with the truck and J5 while I hurried into the school to get J4... he was sitting on the bench in the office with tears coming down his cheeks holding a wrapped ice pack against the back of his head... we headed back out to the truck (all of this before school even started... the kids were still out in front of the school) and our neighbor was standing there with J3, he was filling her in on all the details, she offered to keep J5 for me if needed but I declined. As I drove away from the school I called the Dr's office to have them tell me they had no openings for him.. but I did at least get the prescriptions ordered that I needed written up for J1 & J3... As I headed towards the hospital I came across the neighbor again... I decided to go ahead and try leaving J5 with her... I was having horrid visions of a screaming nearly 4 year old and a nearly 2 year old running down the hospital corridors! I pulled into her driveway and walked J5 up and plopped him down in her doorway... I took his coat off and told him to give me a kiss... he kissed me and then took off with Mackenzie and Emma to play... COOL!... I headed off with Jacob.... to sit for two hours in the hospital while they scrubbed and cleaned his wound, put numbing stuff on his head, cover it with gauze, give him some ibuprofen and plop a staple in his head, rub ointment on it, give us our instructions for laceration care and send us out the door.
The good news is J5 did great at the neighbors house! If I ever need an emergency sitter I know I can use her without worry.
And now what you all are just dying to see I am sure.... the staple!




So no Spanish rice and beef in the crock pot... I no longer have 6-8 hours to let it cook... I don't know what I will do for supper tonight... right now I just want to take a nap! So much for plans...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! Life is never dull, is it? I hope all the kiddos give you a nice, relatively relaxing weekend.

MJ said...

ok, you have 5 children now and you still think a perfectly planned day will go off without a hitch?! LOL! I have learned to plan by the moment, then the suprises aren't such a shock after all! Poor baby, give him extra hugs, MJ