Thursday, November 02, 2006

Sad Way to Start a Day

as I drove the bus on the start of my route this morning I passed one of the houses on the edge of town and noticed a lot of cars in the yard, as well as the Sheriff, the Fire Rescue, an Ambulance.... a lot of people, no one rushing around, and no sirens or flashing lights... I knew it was something bad, and I knew the family there, but didn't yet know what had happened.
We have a police scanner at the gas station so I decided to stop there after I was done with my route... I asked Gerald what happened at Zack's house and he said the report was a 47 year old male, unconscious, not breathing. As I stood in the gas station I saw Zack come in with an older man, Zack was wearing a coat and pajama pants and looked as though he had been crying for a long time... red eyes, red nose... he went outside for a moment when Shane's ( a friend of J3's) mom pulled up and they hugged and cried.... I then knew, Zack's father had died :( Zack is a freshman at school, his brother is a senior. I can only imagine the pain they are feeling right now. I do not know what will happen now... they lived with their dad and step mom, I am not sure where the rest of the family is located or if they will be uprooted from a town they have always known. I can still see Zack and his dad in the gas station... they came in Sunday when I was working, they were joking around and having fun... I hope Zack remembers that through his sadness. I wish there was something I could do to help them with the pain they are feeling... I know there is nothing I can do.... all I can do is pray.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Ah, how sad. Just keep praying for them, and try to be there for him if he needs you.