Thursday, November 02, 2006

Sad Way to Start a Day

as I drove the bus on the start of my route this morning I passed one of the houses on the edge of town and noticed a lot of cars in the yard, as well as the Sheriff, the Fire Rescue, an Ambulance.... a lot of people, no one rushing around, and no sirens or flashing lights... I knew it was something bad, and I knew the family there, but didn't yet know what had happened.
We have a police scanner at the gas station so I decided to stop there after I was done with my route... I asked Gerald what happened at Zack's house and he said the report was a 47 year old male, unconscious, not breathing. As I stood in the gas station I saw Zack come in with an older man, Zack was wearing a coat and pajama pants and looked as though he had been crying for a long time... red eyes, red nose... he went outside for a moment when Shane's ( a friend of J3's) mom pulled up and they hugged and cried.... I then knew, Zack's father had died :( Zack is a freshman at school, his brother is a senior. I can only imagine the pain they are feeling right now. I do not know what will happen now... they lived with their dad and step mom, I am not sure where the rest of the family is located or if they will be uprooted from a town they have always known. I can still see Zack and his dad in the gas station... they came in Sunday when I was working, they were joking around and having fun... I hope Zack remembers that through his sadness. I wish there was something I could do to help them with the pain they are feeling... I know there is nothing I can do.... all I can do is pray.

2 comments:

Terry said...

pray is all you can do, with a little shoulder to cry or hug once in awhile. Just let him know your there.
I couldn't imagine life without with out either of my parents and the older I get the more I want to be near them. Wierd, we always wanted to grow up and out and now, we want to be near them.
I will pray for this family as well. Just remember Zack knows you care and he knows he can come to you.
Love ya,

Cheryl said...

Ah, how sad. Just keep praying for them, and try to be there for him if he needs you.