Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Oh yeah.... that recipe....

I have a few free minutes so I guess I better get that recipe posted huh?!

Spanish Rice with Beef
Serves 6

2 lbs extra lean ground beef
3/4 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
2- 14 1/2oz cans stewed tomatoes with bell pepper and onion, do not drain
1 16 oz can tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups water
2 1/2 tsp. chili powder
2 tsp. Mrs.Dash seasoning
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 cups uncooked converted rice
1 tbsp. dried celery flakes
1 1/2 cups nonfat shredded cheddar cheese (optional) *I actually forgot about this part and never did it....

Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
Add ground beef to skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until beef is browned and crumbled.
Drain well.
Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking spray.
Add all ingredients except cheese to slow cooker and mix well.
Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.
Sprinkle each serving with 2-4 tablespoons cheese, if desired.


If you do add the cheese I want to hear how it is! I totally forgot about that part... I had the cheese and all but I was so anxious to eat the food I forgot about it LOL

No comments: