Saturday, December 09, 2006

Headaches, Boobs & Cuss words

So I have this killer headache... I feel like someone shot me in the head, the bullet landed behind my eyes, and then exploded... now doesn't that sound pleasant? I haven't had one of these in a LONG time and I sure as heck don't miss them! I think it was brought on by my going cold turkey in avoiding caffeine! I have since downed a diet coke, a peppermint mocha from Starbucks and some Excedrin ( it contains caffeine) and applied a frozen bag of green beans to the back of my neck... and yes that does help... and I am back in the land of the living. I guess I should slowly wean off of the caffeine... ya think?!

After 25 months of breastfeeding I have finally weaned Jonathan... it went much smoother than I thought it would, he has taken it really, really well... I am proud of him! And I am proud of the fact that I was able to breastfeed him for so long... he never, ever had one drop of formula, he has never had even so much as one drink from a baby bottle, and he never used a pacifier ( OK, that one I did try in his first week of life... he just wanted nothing to do with it, and we got past the thinking that he needed one) I am also proud of that fact that he has been cloth diapered 100% in his 25 months of life... with the exception of when he was hospitalized with RSV... BUT this was about the Boob... and the freeing of the boob, to be a boob, and not a 24 hour buffet. It is sad to leave this stage of his life behind, but it is a good thing. I just keep thinking how this is a milestone, and one step closer to him being grown up.... the time goes so quickly, and him still needing me for nutrition and comfort made him stay little.

Today as I drove JP to the drop off for his basketball game a car ran a stop sign at a pretty good speed... as we were in the middle of the intersection... when I realised what was happening I slammed on my breaks, stared in fear and shouted "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING???" I was wide eyed in amazement as the guy stopped about 6 inches from the passenger door where JP was sitting... no sliding or tires squealing... he just stopped on a dime... I then proceeded on my way into the parking lot where others were watching... The mom behind me pulled up next to me and asked if I was OK, I told her yes, that he hadn't hit us.... she said I know, are you OK? that is when I realised I was shaking so badly and really wanted to cry! What a scare that was!

So there you have it..... Headaches, Boobs, & Cuss Words... Hmmmm or is it curse words? I don't know... I never use them... and that is one thing that made me mad today, was that the guy made me cuss, cruse... whatever! I am glad it was only JP and I.

2 comments:

Terry said...

I however am glad you both are okay, and that you both weren't hurt. I don't think we can handle another accident and I know how scary they are from mine just a couple mths back. It really makes you stop and think about things.
Well, at least you don't have to breastfeed any longer, it's sad but, it's good to know they are growing and healthy.

Cheryl said...

Oh how scary! I'm glad you guys are okay, and I'm so proud of you for breastfeeding so long, but I know how bittersweet it is to be done with that stage of his life!