Saturday, December 09, 2006

Headaches, Boobs & Cuss words

So I have this killer headache... I feel like someone shot me in the head, the bullet landed behind my eyes, and then exploded... now doesn't that sound pleasant? I haven't had one of these in a LONG time and I sure as heck don't miss them! I think it was brought on by my going cold turkey in avoiding caffeine! I have since downed a diet coke, a peppermint mocha from Starbucks and some Excedrin ( it contains caffeine) and applied a frozen bag of green beans to the back of my neck... and yes that does help... and I am back in the land of the living. I guess I should slowly wean off of the caffeine... ya think?!

After 25 months of breastfeeding I have finally weaned Jonathan... it went much smoother than I thought it would, he has taken it really, really well... I am proud of him! And I am proud of the fact that I was able to breastfeed him for so long... he never, ever had one drop of formula, he has never had even so much as one drink from a baby bottle, and he never used a pacifier ( OK, that one I did try in his first week of life... he just wanted nothing to do with it, and we got past the thinking that he needed one) I am also proud of that fact that he has been cloth diapered 100% in his 25 months of life... with the exception of when he was hospitalized with RSV... BUT this was about the Boob... and the freeing of the boob, to be a boob, and not a 24 hour buffet. It is sad to leave this stage of his life behind, but it is a good thing. I just keep thinking how this is a milestone, and one step closer to him being grown up.... the time goes so quickly, and him still needing me for nutrition and comfort made him stay little.

Today as I drove JP to the drop off for his basketball game a car ran a stop sign at a pretty good speed... as we were in the middle of the intersection... when I realised what was happening I slammed on my breaks, stared in fear and shouted "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING???" I was wide eyed in amazement as the guy stopped about 6 inches from the passenger door where JP was sitting... no sliding or tires squealing... he just stopped on a dime... I then proceeded on my way into the parking lot where others were watching... The mom behind me pulled up next to me and asked if I was OK, I told her yes, that he hadn't hit us.... she said I know, are you OK? that is when I realised I was shaking so badly and really wanted to cry! What a scare that was!

So there you have it..... Headaches, Boobs, & Cuss Words... Hmmmm or is it curse words? I don't know... I never use them... and that is one thing that made me mad today, was that the guy made me cuss, cruse... whatever! I am glad it was only JP and I.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Oh how scary! I'm glad you guys are okay, and I'm so proud of you for breastfeeding so long, but I know how bittersweet it is to be done with that stage of his life!